Friday 26 June 2020

Riding high


Another singles league win this evening. My opponent the player who beat me in the first game of the year.

Struggled on the first seven ends, losing 3 - 7 at that point in the match. Particularly annoyed with end five. If I'd have looked at the head and seen I was holding a loose three, wouldn't have bowled my last. But I did, knocked the jack and gave one to him.

Got the line from end eight onwards and the remaining eleven ends all to me. Very pleased with the outcome of end fourteen. He's holding a close two diagonally to the right of the jack. Play a yard on to scrape along his shot bowls and carry the jack out. One to me. Towards the end getting back to maximum length ends with two or three bowls surrounding the jack.

Still hanging on to the top spot in Division 1, but a more difficult match on Monday. Here's this evening's scorecard.

No comments:

Post a Comment