Sunday 9 September 2018

Wot, no bowls?

A rare event this evening. Down the Club with no intention of rolling an orb. Here to watch the Mens Four Bowls quarter final, the winner of which I play in the semi-final. Scheduled for 5.00pm. Arrive at 4.45pm, no sign of the competitors, two of our top players. They've reschedule for a 5.30pm start.

Correct in my prediction of the rink. They play on four. The first half not much to worry about. Second half more impressive by one player, who comes out with a 21-11 win.

So my semi-final opponent is our A Team Captain and multiple County Championship winner. He knocked me out of last year's Men's Four Bowls quarter-final. Didn't bowling well at length, but employed a successful strategy of minimum length ends, every one of which I won. Let down when I inexplicably went back to full length, and then rolled the jack short. Our overall score is 1-1, a win to me in our first match in 2015.

Roll on 6.00pm Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment