Sunday 11 June 2017

League teams doing well


One third through the Men's 4s league season and both St Ives teams are doing well.

Slight understatment for the A Team. Promoted straight back up into Division 1, they're riding high in pole position and are unbeaten. White Hart A, with World No. 1 Nick Brett, are a couple of points behind.

I captain the B Team. Although it looks like we're struggling, the team is actually on target for the end of season total points I set. Traditionally the B Team has been promoted into Division 3, only to be demoted back down the following season. I've set a target of 40 points to avoid the relegation zone. With 18 points one third through the season, we may total over 50 by the end.

Might all work out swimmingly. I've made no secret of my ambition to book a permanent A Team slot. Not arrogant enough to think I'm ready yet, but may be next season. No chance if I continue to captain the B Team. Keep in Division 3 and the end of this season would be a good time to hand over to a new captain.

No comments:

Post a Comment