Sunday 11 June 2017

Best performance this season


Men's 4 Bowls Club Championship match this morning. I've already got a psychological advantage over my opponent. Beat him a County 2 Bowls match three weeks ago. But he's a tricky player, occasionally picked for the A Team. Need to be on top form.

My jack, so straight into full length ends. Win the first two, conceded the next two. I'm 2-3 down. Finding the line perfectly, adjusting to the length on a medium green.

Then win nine of the next ten ends. Starts with me playing a yard on, my opponent's bowl right in front of the jack. Trail the jack through to win three. Next end knock my opponents bowl off the jack to win two. There follows a few ends where he's sitting with shot bowl but I sneak in with my last delivery. Wondering what he has to do to turn things around, I can see his head is down.

In the last third of the match I increase the pressure. Full length ends, usually two or three bowls right up to the jack. We finish 21-6, with me winning 12 of the 16 ends.

One of the best games I've ever played. Hoping I'm coming into top form as the Club Championships get serious, and in particular ready for my trip to Scone and the biannual Harry Roscow Trophy match against my brothers.

Here's this morning's scorecard, and the updated singles performance to date.


No comments:

Post a Comment