Thursday 30 April 2015

Two out of forty-five

Best two bowls I've ever delivered. Playing skip, the penultimate nudged the jack in a packed head to change us from three to one down. Their shot bowl was millimetres from the jack, but my last bowl rested against without moving the jack. One to us!

Pity my previous forty-three bowls in the trials for the men's 4s A and B teams were a waste of space. Playing triples, our group was stuck on rink 6, notoriously tricky to play. Added to that, it was the first time this season I'd bowled parallel to the clubhouse. And it was freezing cold. That's it, excuses over.

Tried to find some comfort from the fiasco. Even though we had a couple of the best bowlers in the club on our rink, none of us played well. Some of the heads were desperately poor.

Now somewhat resigned to starting the season playing for the B team. Still a chance of promotion if I bowl to my best level. Just as well there aren't enough players for a C team!

No comments:

Post a Comment