Wednesday 29 April 2015

Ready, steady, go!

Final chance this afternoon to practice before tomorrow's selection evening for the men's 4s A and B teams. So a return friendly against my Houghton & Wyton Bowls Club associate, and another win.

Much happier about the outcome. Wobbled a couple of early bowls, but corrected that. Just needed to bend down further and spread evenly my fingers on the bowl.

Using a damp cloth to moisten my fingers and improve grip is working well too. After the first couple of ends, short bowls were rare.

Most happy about focusing on getting the right line early. At least one bowl near the jack on every end, often two or three. Tight game up to the thirteenth end, when I scored with all four bowls, followed up with three on the next end.

So I'm about as ready as I can be for tomorrow's selection drive. Can I make the A team?

Here's this afternoon's scorecard...

No comments:

Post a Comment