Saturday 19 April 2014

Opening day

At last, the much anticipated opening of our green for the summer. Lots of members milling around chatting, glad to see friends from last season, eager to get started on the competition drive. Also about ten new members enrolling, some from the web site I built for the club.

Here's a snap of the afternoon's competition drive. I drew playing lead bowl in my first team. Great! No chance to warm up after the indoor season. Gave my first bowl what I thought was a good heave, to see it land only half way up the rink. How embarrassing! Took me a good few ends before I was getting anywhere near the right length.

What has surprise me is with how much of a bang the outdoor season starts. Already the club competitions entry sheet was up. Stuck my name down for all ten contests I'm eligible for. Also up were the league team entry forms; I'm going for the men's triples teams, with the over sixties team as a backup.

Ended the day with food and prize giving. Great fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment