Friday 10 July 2020

Hanging on

Tough match this evening against one of the top bowlers. Beat me 5 - 21 a couple of weeks ago in a friendly. Although much closer than the score indicates, need to do better.

It's all going the same way after five ends. Down 1 - 6, but the game very intense. Next two ends to me, 5 - 6. I'm continually battling to stay within range. Gain the lead on end twelve with a four, now 11-10.

Although he prefers long ends, having realised I'm more accurate he's changed to medium length jacks where he has the edge. Four of the next five are his. All would have been to him had I not squeezed my last bowl in between his shot bowl and the jack on end fifteen. As we enter the last I can't win, the score 12-19. Pick up three to finish a more respectable 15 - 19.

League positions are getting close at the top. Hanging on! Here's this evening's scorecard.

No comments:

Post a Comment