Sunday 12 May 2019

Disastrous!


After Friday's poor performance, down the Club this morning to try and sort my problems with length. Perfect sunny day, the green a little heavy. But my solo practise is a disaster. Playing one medium/short jack one way, full length the other, to find out why I keep bowling short, especially on long ends.

Half way through, realise I'm using a full backswing for the long jack. My crouch style means there's little forward motion other than my arm. The effort involved creates instability and loss of forward momentum. Things improve when I return to a push delivery on the medium/short jack, but I'm still missing length on the long jack.

Finish the eighteen ends with my worse solo result ever. Play six more ends on maximum length. It's only then I realise to get my bowl to the other end requires use of all the levers in my delivery. In particular, I need to use fingertips to give the bowl a final push. Giving the bowl maximum thrust gets it perfectly to the jack.

Got the next County fixture tomorrow evening, playing lead in a 2 bowls triples match. Really don't want to let my teammates down. Here's the updated results graph ~:o(((

No comments:

Post a Comment