Sunday 28 April 2019

Harry Roscow Trophy - April 2019


Friday evening bit of a disaster. That's tradition, thrashed in the warm up session, come good in the Harry Roscow Trophy competition. Except the scale of Friday's hammering is concerning. Playing in typical dreich Scone weather, almost employing a run up to deliver my bowls, the going is so heavy.  As we prepare on Sunday afternoon for the serious stuff, does such a resounding defeat from both my brothers mean there's no chance of my winning three in a row?

I'm playing Andrew first match. First end and I'm four down. Oh oh! Win the next three with singles and for the next hour or so we keep pace. Then three consecutive singles victories gets Andrew within one good end of victory, the score 15-18. That's not in my mind as I win the next by three to go 18-18. Another single, 19-18. Finally two to me and a 21-18 win. An exhilarating match, some ends seeing the shot bowl switch with every delivery.

Now up against Robert. We're playing to twelve ends through lack of time. The match is no different, both of us neck and neck. As we play end eleven I'm one behind. A maximum four gives me a 12-9 lead. Although there's still one end to play, Robert concedes.

Two really exciting matches, a great afternoon of bowls and the Harry Roscow Trophy retained! With mum somewhat frailer than past years and Andrew otherwise engaged, it's down to Amanda to award the Trophy to your's truly, watched on by Robert. Here are the scorecards.


No comments:

Post a Comment