Saturday 23 September 2017

Poor benchmark



After a very enjoyable social roll up on Tuesday, missed the repeat on Friday afternoon. DIY for son no.2 took precedence. Only one more bowling session to go, Closing Day tomorrow. It's late afternoon and I'm on the green for a solo practise. After the successful results of Finals Day, surely my solo result will be good and set a benchmark for next year.

Give myself every chance, trying to recreate a real-match situation. Trial ends. Keep a medium length jack except for the final three ends. Consistently play the same hand.

The result? Pretty mediocre. Don't even hit the target of half my bowls within a yard of the jack. Just about one bowl short every end. Too many outside the target area.

Always going to struggle against high class opposition unless I can get half my bowls within two feet of the jack. Come away consoling myself with the thought I always do better in the heat of battle.

Here's the year's solo results.

No comments:

Post a Comment