Sunday 24 September 2017

Closing Day

Wonderful sunny afternoon for our last bowls match. Ten members turn up to play, so we're playing triples on one rink, pairs on another. Seven ends, then back into the clubhouse to draw fresh teams. Take a note of your score after each end. Highest score wins.

Playing triples in my first match. Pretty close until we win five on the last end. Score of nine a good result. Triples again in the next match and a score of eight. Last game I'm playing doubles and lose, scoring only three.

Very happy my total of twenty is enough to share first prize, £4 each.

After, the Club's AGM is held. Confirm we will have new, redesigned Club shirts next season. The allotments will be turned into a carpark. Give my B Team Captain's report and hand over to the new Captain.

Very sad day. Seven months to the next bowling session and the 2018 Opening Day. Just got to summarise my results for 2017. Certainly been my most successful year. Roll on 2018!

No comments:

Post a Comment