Tuesday 12 September 2017

Finals Day schedule


Look what's displayed at the bowls club... the schedule for Sunday's Finals Day. Me and two other players are in three finals, playing in each of the morning, midday and afternoon sessions. Six and a half hours bowling. Great!

Should be feeling positive. Never lost to any of my opponents, a total of five wins. But I've been in five finals over my four years of bowling and only won one. Suspect the mere fact I'd made FInals Day yet again was enough of an achievement. This year it's different. Got one title under my belt, the Club Triples. Hungry for more.

In this afternoon's social roll up was getting the line perfectly on just about every bowl. But having overcome my past weakness of playing too heavy on fast greens, need to guard against too many bowls short by a yard or so on the heavier greens of autumn. Just need that extra bit of fingertip push. The first orange cloth used and perfect for the job.

Another two friendly sessions to get it right before Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment