Tuesday 20 June 2017

Fast start

Fast start

Been a feature of my bowls recently, a lightning fast start. And today's first round in the Drawn Pairs Club Competition match is no different. Paired with a good Club player, up against a B Team player and his partner just coming back to bowls. We should win.

They're ahead by one after the first. On the second they're lying with one again. Playing skip, I manage to push their shot bowl out with my first for us to go two up. Then roll my next three up to the jack to win five. Two ends later they're sitting with three. With my last bowl I play a yard on to push the jack towards our back bowls. Three to us.

By the sixth end it's effectively over, with us 13-3 in the lead. More than two hours in baking heat to get to the penultimate end, which they must win. They're all over the place and we win by seven. No point playing the last, we win 25-11.

Won't see St Ives green for more than a week. On Friday be reacquainted with my spare set of bowls, size 5 heavy, when I play the warm up game with my brothers at Scone Bowls Club. Then it's a three-way battle between us on Sunday for the Harry Roscow Trophy. Never felt in better form.

Here's this afternoon's scorecard.

No comments:

Post a Comment