Tuesday 9 August 2016

Teeth gritting time

Playing two big matches at the end of this week. Top of the table clash with our main contenders for winning the Men's Fours league on Thursday. Friday it's a Men's Two Bowls club quarter final against a top A Team player. Time for a solo practice to check I've finally nailed my problem finding the correct length.

Certainly have nailed that problem! Only six short bowls, the lowest ever recorded in the three years I've been measuring progress this way. Even better, one of the highest scores for bowls within one foot of the jack. My opponent would have to knock me out to win on half the eighteen ends.

Bit of an understatement to say I'm desperate to play on Final's Day yet again. Made it every year so far. In fact, made two finals last year. Lost both. Only won the Non-winners Cup, in 2014. But this year I'm still in five of the six club competitions I entered, my best performance to date. All but one are now at the quarter and semifinal stages, so no easy matches. It's teeth gritting time!


No comments:

Post a Comment