Thursday 12 May 2016

League team practise session

Rather disappointing turn out this evening. With no Men's B Team match, had hoped more players would respond to my captain's call to turn up for a practise session. Ten out of twenty-three available players turned up. With a couple of extras we managed two triples matches. Marked on my team database who put in the effort. Will make sure they get selection preference!

Keen for the practise in advance of my first County match tomorrow evening, a two bowls fixture at White Hart Bowls Club in Warboys. They're the top club in the County. World number 1 Nick Brett plays for them.

If I play like I did this evening I'll give my opponent something to think about. First three bowls right up to the jack and kept a good line all evening. A few short bowls when I started pulling my arm across in the follow through. Stupidly decided not to take a jacket, it was so warm at teatime. As the evening drew in the temperature dropped like a stone and I was freezing! Must keep a straight arm delivery. A few short bowls can be fatal in a two bowls match.

No comments:

Post a Comment