Wednesday 19 August 2015

Consistency of line

Over 60s league match this afternoon against Chatteris B. First time I've played here. Nice ground, though hard to find, as many long established greens in England are. Founded in 1899, so they're older than our club by nine years. The village seems to have developed around the loving maintained ground. Decide to build up a photo catalogue of all the greens I play at. See the snap at the bottom of this post.

I'm bowling well, but still occasionally way off-line. Why? Maybe I'm getting up too quickly, affecting delivery. When I stay down after release, consistency and accuracy seem to be better. Must apply that from now on. After the match, also consider that I'm selecting a secondary aiming point too far down the green. Must try something much nearer when I next play.

On our rink it's a close game. So close, by the penultimate end it's seventeen all. Unfortunately we lose three on the last end, and lose the match 2-7 in points.

Here's the snap of Chatteris Town Bowls Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment