Thursday 30 July 2015

Think, think, think!

My first time playing in Division 2 of the men's 4s league for the A team. We're at home against Buckden, who are holding up the bottom of the league. I'm playing lead.

Start off well, getting most of my bowls within three feet of the jack. Certainly giving their lead something to think about. We twig a long jack is to our advantage. But I muck up my swing and deliver the jack short, handing it back to our opponents. What an idiot I am!

The game on our rink is very close, but they pull away in the second half of the match. As the evening draws in and the green becomes more damp and heavy, our team seems to be having difficulties. Their skip is playing some amazing bowls.

My accuracy certainly drops. Still get the occasional bowl right up against the jack, but too many are landing short. Why do I seem unable to think my way out of this problem?

As we go into the last end we're two down. Our skip plays a magnificent final bowl to give us two and a drawn result. The match result in point is 4-3 to us.

Share soup, bread and cakes in the clubhouse with our opponents to finish off an enjoyable evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment