Sunday 31 May 2015

Best solo practise ever!

Club competition match over in just an hour. Time for a solo practise. Moved over to rink 4.

The first few ends indicated I shouldn't have bothered. In fact, on the first all four bowls were well short of the jack. Oh dear!

From end four onwards things improved greatly. Made two slight changes. 'What, more changes?' I hear you cry. Only tiny changes.  Really tiny. Honest!
  • Moved my thumb slightly higher when gripping the bowl, so it was on the bias spot. Made delivery much more stable.
  • Played each delivery as though I was in the two bowls final. Doing this, I recovered the form shown in the two bowls best game of my bowls career. Helped me focus and treat every bowl as vital.

The result? On thirteen of the remaining sixteen ends had at least two bowls within a yard of the jack. Most at least three close. Ended up my best ever solo result... the most bowls within a foot of the jack, the most within two feet.

Great way to end the evening. Here are the scorecard and updated graph.


No comments:

Post a Comment