Wednesday 13 August 2014

It's the bromide in the tea

Afternoon over 60s triples match against Sawtry A. Under deep suspicion after the half time tea break. Going into the clubhouse 9-2 down, we emerge to a sudden revival to win the first three ends and pull up to 9-8. Much joshing about what we'd put in their tea. Also a brief revival. Ended up getting thrashed. Our other two ends fared no better.

Can't remember when I was last in a winning club team. No one could summon up the courage to ask where we are in division one. And the men's fours B team have dropped from being a promotion contender to struggling to stay up. If you've got a spare four hours, one team member has worked out all the possible combinations of results.

2 comments:

  1. I would be interested to know if your practice results have remained steady even while your team results have taken such a tumble?
    I recognize that your play and the team's play are not the same thing but the only part of the team that you can substantially change is your own play. Deterioration of play can either have a psychologic base or a technical one. I myself am a great choke in tournaments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The practise results are staying steady, Clarke... although I'm not getting too many chances for a solo practise with all the club competition matches to fit in. Maybe we opened earlier or got more practise sessions in than opposing teams before the league started. Being my first full season, it's hard for me to tell why we're struggling.

      Regards, John

      Delete