Wednesday 2 April 2014

Goodbye

Left my last indoor bowls match tonight feeling a right muppet. Another mixed performance in which yet again I managed to stick both bowls in the gutter in one end. Might get the right line with one bowl, the right length with the next, but never the two together. Or play one bowl too short and overcompensate with the next by playing too long.

All in all it's been a VERY FRUSTRATING first season of indoor bowls. Did I say first? Really meant last, since I can't see myself going through the same inept performances again next season. Just haven't got enough enthusiasm for the indoor game to commit the hours of practise required.

It's not all gloom and doom though. Just over two weeks to go to the outdoor bowls opening day. Yippee!

At least it looks like I'm in the clear about the Damage Limitation problem. The EBF three bowl rinks games on 30 April are the preliminary round. We're actually through to the first round to be played at Sawtry on 12 May. At least that's all cleared up... or is it? In chatting to Tony about the dates he mentioned several other names playing besides him, Mike and me. Am I just a reserve? Didn't dare ask him and do the muppet thing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment