Wednesday 26 March 2014

The Chosen One

Wasn't supposed to be playing this evening, but got a call on Monday from the captain asking if I was available. Crickey, thought I. To be first reserve I really must have played well last week, after his compliment on how much I'd improved!

Then brought promptly back down to earth as he explained just how many alternatives were unavailable because of triples competitions being played on the same night. Ended up very much sounding like he'd had no alternative but to call me in.

And although my play continued to show improvement, was nowhere near the pinnacle of last week. Certainly, taking a couple of practise swings before I release the bowl has sorted my line problem. Almost every shot was pretty accurately on line, boding well for when the outdoor season starts in just over three weeks. Wish I could say the same for length. At least none ended up in the ditch, but most bowls were too long or short. Think I only got two near the jack the whole evening. No surprise we got hammered by Royal Oak.

Here's the latest league table...


No comments:

Post a Comment