Wednesday 27 May 2015

Do I even like threes?

Over 60s league match against Buckden. We're in trouble right from the start when we lose four and three in two consecutive ends. Their skip is excellent. Another five a bit later means the final score is 10-23 to them. We lose the match 1-2.

I'm not the only player to find the green a bit tricky. Just off the line and it's anyone's guess where your bowl ends up. Playing two, there's rarely a straight draw to the jack. Only get a good line towards the end.

Beginning to realise I don't enjoy team games anywhere near as much as singles matches. Find it hard to maintain concentration. Unless I'm playing lead, there are all those bowls in the way. And my efforts often don't influence the end result if the opposition skip is playing well.

The aspiration to play for the Men's 4s A Team is fading a bit. Maybe I should captain the B team for the honour of the role and focus more on singles.

No comments:

Post a Comment