Wednesday 15 April 2015

Hit that start button!

Spotted a while ago Houghton & Wyton Bowls Club outdoor season started a week before St Ives. Do I know anyone there to play an early friendly against, thought I? Certainly do! Been helping their membership secretary to create a new web site for the club and she's been doing a cracking job. See the results by clicking here.

So it's all sunshine and 20c as we had a good few practice ends before commencing battle. Both struggled to find the line at times, the green having plenty of 'character' this early in the season. Who cares... at last the chance to roll a few bowls and have a good natter in peaceful surroundings.

Think my recovering from seven months abstinence was easier than my opponent's adjustment from playing indoor bowls just days before. Got my standard swing operating quickly, which helped in judging the length. Mixed results in attempting to concentrate better. I'm sure that will improve with practice.

Came away with a win, 23-14 after 25 ends... by which time we were ready for a cup of tea. Here's the scorecard...


No comments:

Post a Comment