Thursday 30 July 2020

The power of one

One
Another difficult Singles League match this evening. Never played my opponent before. He's on the same points as me currently.

Off to an awful start. Losing 1 - 8 by the fifth end. Get a better line and win eight of the next nine ends. That should put me well ahead, but I'm only level at 9 - 9. No consistency. My opponent is also giving a classic demonstration of the importance of getting a bowl close. In doing so, he's ensuring every end I win is by one bowl only.

It also means when he gets a bowl really close, he's more likely to have not just one. And so it goes, with him winning 5 in the next three ends. As we go into the final end at 9-14, I can't win. Ends 11-14.

I actually win more ends, 10 to his 8. All but the last end was by a single bowl, hence I lost the match. Good lesson. Here's the scorecard.

No comments:

Post a Comment