Thursday 19 May 2016

Another away league win!

Tricky match, away against Houghton & Wyton B. Their green has some 'character' and they can be difficult to play against if on form. Won their first match, but only just. So I've asked for a win tonight.

Although I'm Captain, I've dropped myself for this second game. Got double the players needed to field a team, so I've told them I'm going to rotate for the first few games. Give everyone a chance to stake their claim for a regular place before we settle down to the best team. Can't think of any better way to demonstrate the fairness of this than by sidelining myself. Also gives me a better chance to judge performance.

We start off well on all three rinks. Half way through we're well ahead on rinks 5 and 6, with rink 4 struggling a bit. A couple of the players are rolling short bowls. Then a disastrous 6 conceded on end 13. The team rallies after that, winning 9 on the last four ends. Just too late, they end up losing the rink by 2.

A good away result, and two away wins out of two. Next week is our first home game against Papworth C, who've had an average start to the season. So I've asked for a win on all three rinks. Here are the results cards.


No comments:

Post a Comment