Sunday 13 September 2015

Mixed Singles Final

Up against a fellow B team player for this final, the best of three sets each of nine ends. We've never played before, but he's complaining of a bad shoulder in the changing room. Sounds like I'm in here!

Into a lead from the start, I'm 7-0 up before he scores on the fifth end. I'm not bowling at my best, but his line is all over the place. He's also having trouble with my long jack. A two and four to him on consecutive ends means he pulls it back to 7-6, but three singles on the final three ends win me the first set.

In the second set the roles are reversed. He's now got a much better line. On the third end I'm sitting with two and roll my third up against the jack for three... except the bowl rolls a bit too far and carries the jack towards his back bowl. He's now one up and I miss my chance to take the lead. He keeps getting his best bowl closer in than mine. Second set to him.

The third continues in a similar fashion. I'm not bowling badly, he just keeps getting a single bowl in closer than mine. All but one of the ends are won by one, unfortunately only a single to me. I lose the third set.

Kicking myself. This final was supposed to be the easier of the two I'm playing in to win. All looking a bit ominous! Here's the scorecard.

No comments:

Post a Comment