Wednesday 9 September 2015

Family competition

Hope I'm engendering in my son John an interest in bowls. Only his second game ever. Also one of my two preparation games for Sunday's Final's Day. So we're playing on rink 4, where my first final match will take place.

Up to half-way there's nothing in it. Both won six ends each, the difference in points down to me winning one end by two. All the rest have been single bowl wins. I then win seven of the next eight ends to go 18-7 ahead. Even then, John fights back, winning the next two ends 3 and 1. But a 2 and 1 to me finish the match.

John played really well. Even got excited when he sneaked a shot up against the jack and inside my already close bowl. Hope he's getting the bug. Rink 4 is a bit tricky, and on Sunday I'll need to find the line more quickly if I'm going to win the Mixed Singles final. Here's the scorecard.

No comments:

Post a Comment