Thursday 13 September 2018

Nosing into the lead


The second of the biannual bowls battles this evening against ex-workmate Kevin from St Andrews Bowling Club. First to twenty-one. The Biggleswade match in July was a close victory to me, the first away victory to occur. Can I retain home advantage?

Kevin is off to an early lead. Takes eight ends for me to catch up. Pretty level for a few thereafter. A run of six out of seven gains me a 19-11 lead. 'About time I won an end' says Kevin. Haven't I heard that before? Yes, he said the same thing in July when 17-13 down and promptly won the next three. And history repeats itself, the next four to my opponent and 19-18. Thankfully, two singles and the match is done. Result the same as July, 21-18 to me.

With the evening dew rapidly rising, we both struggled with line or length at times. Good fun nevertheless. The overall score is now in my favour at 4-3, results as follows.

Date Location Result More info
Sep 2014     Biggleswade     Kevin 21 - 14 John     Click here
Sep 2015St Ives John 21- 16 KevinClick here
Sep 2016 Biggleswade Kevin 21- 19 John Click here
Apr 2017 St Ives John 22 - 15 KevinClick here
Sep 2017 Bigglewade Kevin 21 - 9 John Click here
Jul 2018 Biggleswade John 21 - 18 Kevin Click here
Sep 2018 St Ives John 21 - 18 Kevin

Here's the scorecard.

No comments:

Post a Comment