Thursday 28 July 2016

Storming ahead

Men's league match away at Papworth this evening. We beat them 5-2 at home. I'm asking the team for a win tonight.

Their green is renown as a bit of a field. So it proves. On our rink it's our jack, I'm playing lead. But the green is so heavy I fail to roll a length and forfeit the jack to the opposition. Then my first two bowls are short. At least my opposite number has the same problem.

Our skip is playing magnificently. Whenever they're holding shot he turns the head in our favour. We're 9-0 ahead by the fourth end. They rally a little but the end is never in doubt, 27-7 to us.

On our other two rinks we're also well ahead after the first few ends. Get's a bit close in the middle of the match, but we end up winning on those two rinks as well. Great win, 7-0. Here's the scorecard.

No comments:

Post a Comment