Friday 22 July 2016

Millinery money saver

To say I've got a small collection of hats is a bit like saying the British Museum has a few Egyptian artefacts lying around. Got one for every occasion, sometimes two. The hat has yet to be made that suits my beanie head, but still I try to get the perfect creation.

Current favourite in this hot weather is a linen flat cap. The family hate it, but I think it looks rather cool balanced atop the pate. At least it has a big peak that shades my eyes.

Wondering if I could get a similar version in white, wandered into Edinburgh Woollen Mill. Bingo! Not only do they have the very thing, but in the sale reduced from £10 to £4. Bought two. Very comfortable.

If you're anywhere near an EWM store and in need of a summer bowls hat, bag one while they're still available.

No comments:

Post a Comment