Saturday 18 June 2016

No such thing as a friendly singles


Main objective this morning, to give my bowls club allotment a good rogering, weeds-wise. Only managed one visit in the last three months since one daughter wanted a summerhouse erected, the other her hall, stairwell and landing wallpapered.

Still time to squeeze in a 'friendly' singles game against Tony. All conducted in a civilised fashion, the game is played as though our lives depend on it. Think it's 1-1 to date, but not had the convincing win I always seek when playing singles.

Today I'm on form. Right on the line and judging the distance well. Disappointed if there's not at least two bowls within a yard on each end. Playing rink 5 too, the objective to use a rink I've not played on this year.

A final score of 21-8 after sixteen ends is convincing enough for me. Tony suffering a bit from the effects of giving up smoking, nevertheless it's another indication I'm coming into form just at the right time.

Then round the clubhouse and on to the allotment for a therapeutic couple of hours weeding. Here's the scorecard.

No comments:

Post a Comment