Sunday 5 June 2016

Back on track?


First club competition match this evening. Men's two woods against an A team player. Bit of a challenge, but I've got that excited feeling again. Maybe my form is returning. And we're on rink six, fast becoming my favourite. At least it's a beautifully warm and sunny evening. So long as it's close I'll enjoy the game.

Start off pretty even as we both search for line and length. I lock on more quickly... very quickly for me. From end six I'm away. By end ten I'm in the lead 11-4  and never look back. Getting at least one bowl very close to the jack. In fact, should be doing better. On a few ends I miss the chance to roll my second bowl closer to score two.

End with a comfortable win, 21-11. My opponent is glad to reach double figures, and comments that if I play like that throughout the competition I should win the final. Certainly one of my best results ever. Maybe I'm back on track at last. Here's the scorecard.

No comments:

Post a Comment