Wednesday 4 May 2016

Playing on the outer edge

Pretty pleased with my solo practise this evening. Results nothing special, well short of the target 50% of bowls with three feet.

Satisfied because coping with a change of bowls back to my new Taylor Legacy SL. Also on rink 6, chosen because it has the greatest variation in line, narrow on the inner hand, very wide on the outer and prepares me for quickly tackling a strange green at our league match tomorrow, away at Huntingdon. Finally, mixed jack lengths and hands played, to reflect what I might have to cope with in my first match as skip.

And the focus on a firm contact with the middle finger? Seems to work. Other than a disastrous three on the first long end played, few short bowls. Much better line too. Here are the results of the two solo practises played this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment