Friday 20 May 2016

From bad to worse!

Second County competition match this evening, 4 bowls singles. My Papworth Bowls Club opponent plays in Division 1 of the Thursday evening men's league, four divisions above our men's B team.

After two trial ends, wonder why I considered it a good idea to enter County competitions. All his bowls spot on line and length. Mine all over the place. But when we start the match my waywardness seems infective. He's getting more bowls closer, but not that much better. We're both playing poorly.

The difference is he's getting a couple of bowls close most ends, I'm getting a single bowl close some ends. So the inevitable result is a win to him, 9-21. When I count back on the scorecard, I actually won 8 ends to his 10. Not that great a gap. But whereas I won with single bowls, he won with an average two bowls.

So the count is now ten singles games lost, none won. What is happening? Is it...
  • Captaining the men's B team that's diverting my attention, or
  • The new Taylor Legacy SL bowls not suiting my style, or even
  • The beard (3 weeks into attempting to look more ruggedly handsome).
Whatever the cause, better get sorted quickly. Club competitions start tomorrow evening with the big draw. Just my luck if I get picked against the club's top players. Here's the scorecard from this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment