Friday 29 April 2016

Subconscious submission


Why do we need a practise game, I think. Keen to continue my September winning performance, I'd be happy to make this evening's game the first of best of three for the Harry Roscow Trophy.

More fool me! After a single on the first end, the next four are all to brother Andrew, including a punishing four on one end. I'm already losing 1-8 by the sixth end.

Things don't improve. I know I should be bowling a wider line, but my subconscious thinks otherwise, fighting against an aiming point in the next rink. So far too many narrow lines. On the rare occasion I get a bowl right up against the jack, Andrew has the uncanny knack of knocking me out with his very next bowl. Every time.

All pretty desperate stuff on my part. Much too redolent of results prior to last September. Better overcome that subconscious if I'm going to retain the trophy!

The evening's misery results-wise is compounded when brother Robert beats me at pool using a mop handle as a cue. Here's the score card, and snaps of the victorious.


Andrew and the winning score.

Robert, mop and a somewhat discombobulated me.

No comments:

Post a Comment