Wednesday 20 April 2016

Fix that aiming point!

Friendly singles match against Carole, something we started playing home and away last year. This match at Houghton & Wyton Bowls Club. I've had experience of the 'characterful' nature of this green in men's league matches. And Carole has had a cracking indoor season, getting to the a national triples final, no less.

Pretty soon I'm under pressure, 2-8 down after seven ends. It's at that point I realise I'm not fixing my aiming point correctly.  As soon as I do that things improve. By the twelfth end it's 9-9. But Carole just won't give up. Although I'm getting bowls close to the jack, she's managing to nudge at least one even nearer.

End the match 12-16 to Carole. Never feel happy, coming away after losing a game. Can take consolation in the fact Carole played a good game of bowls, even more impressive given it was her first outdoor session after playing indoors this week.

Here's the scorecard.

No comments:

Post a Comment