Friday 14 August 2015

Thank goodness for Coronation Street

When you get bitten by bowls mania, an understanding partner is a real asset. Especially so if that partner doesn't like bowls. Played Wednesday and Thursday evening. Playing Saturday evenings. To fill in the gap with a bowl this evening really is pushing the boundaries of understanding. Thank goodness Coronation Street is on television.

So off to the bowls green for what I hope is a confidence boosting solo practise before tomorrow evening's semi-final. A win will see me make Finals Day three years out of three. Might not be the only final. Playing another semifinal next Friday and I've got two quarter-finals to come. All singles.

The green is heavy after more rain, so the first end is a bit all over the place. But then things click and I get at least two bowls within three feet of the jack on every end. Even better, from the half way point onwards I'm averaging three bowls per end within three feet of the jack. That's the best solo result ever achieved.

If I bowl like that in tomorrow's semi-final, my opponent won't know what's hit him. Here's the updated graph and scorecard.



No comments:

Post a Comment