Friday 21 August 2015

Second final of the year!

Mixed singles semi-final this evening. My opponent a long serving men's A team player. The format is best of three sets, each set of seven ends. Not really my favourite. Can't afford to let the opposition get too much of a lead. Little chance of recovering if you do.

We reach the last end of the first set. Each won alternate ends so far. Difference is, he won two on the second end whereas all the rest have been won by one. My last bowl yard on in the fifth end, when he was sitting two up, really saved the day. So it's 4-3 to him. I need to win this end. Not only win it, but by three to end 6-4 to me. One set up.

Win three on the second end of the next set to establish an early lead. Another two on the sixth end. As we go into the last end I'm 6-3 up. My opponent needs at least three. Gets one. Second set to me and the match is over 2-0 in sets to me.

Although close in the first set, never felt anything other than in control. My method for finding the line is working brilliantly. So much so, my opponent was trying to follow my line. Didn't work since I'm left handed.

So that's two appearances on Finals Day. And still another two quarter-finals to play. Can I make it four singles finals out of the five I'm eligible for? The big test comes on Tuesday evening, when I play the club's best bowler in the prestigious men's four bowls singles. Here's tonight's scorecard.

No comments:

Post a Comment