Sunday 2 August 2015

Rush, rush. rush!

Club triples competition this afternoon. Rush to the club for a 2.00pm start. Three hours of bowling on a hot sunny afternoon. Barbeque and raffle running over time, so don't get back home until 7.30pm, expected back 6.00pm.

What happened to nice, relaxed bowling? Finding I'm playing up to five times a week. Having to apply careful diary management so there's no clash with all my other commitments. The nightmare is double booking myself and letting someone down.

At the beginning of the season, in a burst of enthusiasm, signed up for everything going. All three club teams. All seven club competitions. So booked weekly for at least two team games. Then got to squeeze competition fixtures in as well. And whereas last year got knocked out of some club competitions early, this year I'm playing much better and am still in five. No time whatsoever for any social bowling at the twice weekly roll ups.

Next year I want to try my chances in some of the county singles competitions. So will have to restrict my team playing to the men's fours on Thursday evenings. Good news is, I'm now getting selected for the A team.

Back to the triples competition. Two mini leagues, each team playing three matches of six ends. Winners of each league compete in the final. On our first match we're losing by four, but five up on the last end. Unfortunately their skip rolls his last bowl into the head to reduce us to two. We win the next 10-2. Lose our final match 10-1. So no triples final for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment