Sunday 9 August 2015

Over 60s singles club competition- Round 2

Somewhat nervous about this morning's match, played over sixteen ends. Got Friday's dismal performance in the back of my mind. Also against a tricky and experienced opponent. We've got form, since he walloped me in my first ever club competition match two years ago, 21-5. Made me realise maybe there was more to bowls than I'd thought.

Certainly a nervous start. Having difficulty finding the line. Neither of us is bowling particularly close. Whoever gets that one bowl near the jack wins the end. After six ends it couldn't be closer at 3-3.

On the seventh end he's lying two, one of which is tight on the jack. With my last bowl I manage to knock his closest bowl and the jack to leave me lying two. Score 5-3 to me.

I've finally got the line sorted and he's under pressure. A score of four to me on the twelfth end means I'm on a roll at 13-5. By the fourteenth end it's 15-6 to me and he concedes.

So another quarter-final to come, and a good win. That's two semi-finals and two quarter-finals to play, all singles matches. Maybe I'll make Finals Day again this year. Here's the scorecard.

No comments:

Post a Comment