Thursday 25 June 2015

Over 60s club competition - Preliminary round

Really on the mark this afternoon in another club competition match, played over sixteen ends using four bowls. Against that most dangerous of opponents, a lady member who's not afraid of a long jack and has been bowling well.

I'm employing my new method of finding the line and it's working brilliantly. None of the usual half a game before my bowls are anywhere near accurate, I'm right on the jack from the start. My opponent isn't bowling at her best. As a result, I'm 17-1 up before we've reached the half way point.

It's all over after thirteen ends. Even if she gets four on all the remaining ends, I'll still win. We play a further end to get the bowls back to base. Final score 21-6 to me.

Ever more hopeful I'll make Finals Day again after my recent results in four bowls singles competitions. The worst score to date is to win 23-8.

Here's the scorecard from this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment