Friday 24 April 2015

Get a grip!

Like all bowlers, I occasionally struggle to get a proper grip on the bowl. Have tried licking my fingers before delivery. Also applied bowls polish on my hands. Neither is ideal.

At today's roll up I saw the simplest and most effective solution to getting a good grip. A wet cloth. Most bowlers have a small hand or bar towel in their bag to wipe the bowl dry in wet conditions. Why not dampen the towel before playing on a dry day to moisten your fingers before delivery? Shot into the clubhouse to dampen my towel in between ends. Worked a treat. Going to try it as a permanent feature from now on.

And the roll up performance? Pretty variable. Length generally good, so when I got the line most of my bowls were near the jack. But struggled all too often to find the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment