Sunday 28 September 2014

Harry Roscow Trophy round 2

Here's Andrew being presented with the Harry Roscow Trophy for the third time running. Yet another thrashing for me, though less of a margin than Friday's match. Seemed each time I got back from centring the jack and turned round to see what I faced from his first bowl, the story would always be the same. Right up against the jack yet again.

Glad we decided to play the third decider game. Started to get the measure of the fabulous green. Began to bowl the right length and line. Suddenly Andrew was under pressure as I got my first ever four bowl score against him on one end. With a run of seven in three ends I was only 17-15 down and on a roll. But 5.00pm was fast approaching and our presentation tea at The Wheel Inn. Ran out of time... oh, what could have been!

At least I now know in future I need three practice matches before going into the full competition. Here are the scorecards and the usual snap of Andrew's winning scoreboard...

No comments:

Post a Comment